Twenty Dollars For Twenty Years
Happy Anniversary to Dacotah Tipis!
The Dacotah Tipis affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International began 20 years ago on the Crow Creek Indian Reservation and has operated “in good standing” without interruption since 1992. We are proud of that – and we are just as proud that we were the very first Habitat for Humanity affiliate on any Native American reservation.
We have a lot planned for 2012 and we would like to think that we are every bit as energized as our founders were when they began our mission, but we can say that with your help, this will be a big year for us. Here’s a taste of what’s going on:
- Volunteers are signing up for the spring and summer builds. Due to a generous grant from Google for Non-profits we’ve expanded our on-line volunteer recruitment worldwide.
- We’ve added 3 new board members and each have unique skills and networks which we can put to use immediately.
- We’ve begun this “$20 for 20 years” campaign, in which we are generating funding by promoting $20 donations in honor of our 2012 Twentieth Anniversary.
- Our new organizational newsletter will be released in the first quater of 2012 as a mailer, and will be part of our direct mail campaign. We will also be identifying our mailing list members that would like to receive a greener E-version by e-mail.
- A yet-to-be-announced event will take place where we will combine a major fundraiser with a 20th Anniversary blast.
So, thank you for your support. Oh, did we for get to mention we need your help with the “$20 for 20 years” campaign? Well, please consider making a $20 donation in honor of our Anniversary. We are a small grass-roots organization on a small reservation. $20 goes a long way here, and your donations will add up to significant funding to help us continue the fight. Donations of any amount are always appreciated, and can be made on the Donate Page or by using the Donate button on the sidebar.
Those interested in personally getting involved, maybe taking a Volunteer Vacation, etc. please join with the rest of our wonderful volunteers who are already scheduling their 2012 journeys to Crow Creek.
James J. Huntley
Habitat for Humanity
P.O. Box 487
Fort Thompson, SD 57339